We’re dedicated to exactly matching your needs, from pre-placement and baseline medicals, on-going health surveillance to exit medicals, all backed by meticulous reporting and record-keeping.
- Case Management OH Physician – Full Day
- Case Management OH Advisor / Specialist – Full Day
- Case Management OH Nurse – Full Day
- Consultation with OH Physician – Slough/Sheffield Med Centre
- Consultation with OH Physician – Network / London
- Face to Face Consultation with OH Specialist / Advisor / Nurse
- Telephone Consultation with OH Specialist / Advisor / Nurse
- Additional GP/Specialist Report
- DSE Regulation – Full day (up to 8 persons)
- DSE Regulation – Half day (up to 4 persons)
- Workplace Ergonomic Office or Vehicle Assessment
- Workplace Ergonomic Industry Assessment
- Workplace & Vehicle Combined Ergonomic Assessment
- Ergonomic Projects
- Pre-placement Questionnaires
- Night Worker Questionnaires
- Health Worker Questionnaire
- Pre-employment Medical
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Physiotherapy on site clinic – Half Day
- Musculoskeletal Assessment with OH Physiotherapist
- Baseline Medical
- Safety Critical Medicals
- Working at Height
- Confined Space
- Mobile Plant Equipment
- Fork Lift Truck
- HGV / LGV Driver Medical, including OHP appointment
- Executive Health Medical
- Ill-health Early Retirement Medical Process
- General Health Questionnaire
- Pre-Placement Questionnaire
- Drivers Questionnaire
- Night Worker Questionnaire
- Hand Arm Vibration Questionnaire
- Blood pressure
- Functional assessment
- Hand Arm Vibration PS
- MSK assessment
- Drug & Alcohol Test
- Appointed Doctor for CLAW Lead: Annual registration
- Blood Lead (Blood test & initial review and results only)
- Additional Doctor Follow up Medicals or Reviews
- Appointed Doctor for Asbestos and non-ionising radiation: Annual registration
- Urine Lab Tests:
- Hippurric Acid
- Urea and Electrolytes
- Other Lab Tests
- Hep B Immunity
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- TB Quantiferon (Gold test)
- Other Blood Tests
- HAVS Tier 1/2, paperscreen
- HAVS Tier 3, with OH Nurse
- HAVS Tier 4, with OHP
- Welders Vaccination
- Flu vaccinations
- Other Vaccinations
- Drug & Alcohol Laboratory test, in clinic or onsite
- Drug & Alcohol instant test, in clinic
- Drug & Alcohol instant test, onsite or in mobile clinic
- Laboratory Confirmation of positive drug test
- For Cause collection service
- For Cause 2-hour collection service nationally, 24/7
- Fast Tracking 48-hour service for positive results
- Advice on positive results
- MRO Face to Face Consultation or OHP Rehabilitation Consultation
- Drug & Alcohol Policy Review
- Noise, Dust, Chemicals, Radiation Exposures
- Occupational Hygienist Exposure Monitoring
- Mediation Services
- Site Health Needs Assessments
- Office Staff Wellbeing Medical
- Wellness Programmes & Training, per session
- Bespoke Wellbeing Programmes
- Cholesterol or Glucose Test
- Up to 500 employees, per annum
- 501 to 2,500 employees, per annum
- Over 2,500 employees, per annum
- First Aid at Work – 3 Day Course
- First Aid at Work Requalification – 2 Day Course
- Emergency First Aid at Work – 1 Day Course
- First Aid Annual Refresher – 4 Hour Course
- Paediatric First Aid – 2 Day Course
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid – 1 Day Course
- Combined First Aid at Work & Paediatric First Aid
- Combined Emergency First Aid at Work and Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Baby First Aid / Family First Aid – 2 Hour Course
- School Emergency First Aid – 3 Hour Course
- School Student First Aid Skills for Life – 3 Hour Course
- Basic Life Support – 4 Hour Course
- CPR and AED – 4 Hour Course
- Skills Update – 4 Hour Course
- Anaphylaxis Training – 2 Hour Course
- Forestry Module (Available on FAW, EFAW, and FAWR) – 1.5 Hour Course
- Tourniquets & Hemostatic Dressing Training (Available on FAW, EFAW, and FAWR) – 30 Minute Course
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
- NEBOSH General Certificate – 13 Day Course
- Level 3 Award in Effective Auditing and Inspection (RQF) – 1 Day Course
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety within the workplace (RQF) – 1 Day Course
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety within the workplace (RQF) – 3 Day Course
- Highfield Level 4 Health and Safety in The Workplace
- Highfield Level 3 Health and Safety in the Workplace – 3 Day Course
- Highfield Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace – 1 Day Course
- Highfield Level 3 Risk Assessment in the Workplace – 2 Day Course
- Highfield Level 2 Risk Assessment in the Workplace
- COSHH (Highfield) – 1 Day
- Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling of Objects – 4 Hour Course
- Moving and Handling of People – 1 Day Course
- Moving and Handling of People (Refresher) – 4 Hour Course
- Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (Moving and Handling of People) – 2 Day Course
- Level 2 Manual Handling and Risk Assessment – 1 Day Course
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety – Catering/Retail/Manufacturing (Highfield) – 1 Day Course
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety – Catering/Retail/Manufacturing (Highfield) – 3 Day Course
- Hazard and Critical Control Point HACCP – Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Manufacturing (RQF) – 1 Day Course
- Hazard and Critical Control Point HACCP – Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Manufacturing (RQF) – 2 Day Course
- Evacuation Chair Training – 4 Hours
- Mental Health First Aider (MHFA England/Scotland) Adult – 2 Day Course
- Mental Health Champion Course (MHFA England) Adult – 1 Day Course
- Mental Health Aware (MHFA England) Adult – 4 Hour Course
- Mental Health Refresher (MHFA England) Adult – 4 Hour Course
- Mental Health First Aider (MHFA England/Scotland) Youth
- Mental Health Champion Course (MHFA England) Youth
- Mental Health Aware (MHFA England) Youth
- QNUK Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness (RQF) – 4 Hour Course
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Mental Health at Work (RQF) – 1 Day Course
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Mental Health at Work (RQF) – 2 Day Course
- Physical and Mental Health Awareness – 1 Day Course
- Living Works safeTALK – 3.5 Hour Course
- GCT Mental Health Discoverer – 3.5 Hour Course
- Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness – 4 Hour Course
- Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness (with Practical) – 4.5 Hour Course
- Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles – 4 Hour Course
- Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles (with Practical) – 4.5 Hour Course
- Fire Risk Assessment Tier 1 Guide Price
- Fire Risk Assessment Tier 2 Guide Price
- Fire Risk Assessment Tier 3 Guide Price
- Fire Risk Assessment Tier 4 Guide Price
- DSE Assessor Training – 1 Day Course
- Introduction to Manual Handling – 1 Day Course
- Manual Handling – 1 Day Course
- Stress & Resilience Management for Employees – 1 Day Course
- Stress & Resilience Management for Managers – 1 Day Course
Please contact our team to arrange a coronavirus test
T: 01753 781 600
Collingwood Health offers flu jabs for your organisation and the public.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR 2019: We recommend booking early to ensure availability. We foresee possible issues with vaccination availability for autumn 2019 as they are coming from mainland Europe at the same time Brexit is set to complete. We recommend ordering now to avoid any possibility of delay or non-availability.
Ways to get flu jabs
- Arrange an onsite Flu Clinic for your workplace
- Purchase National Vouchers for your staff
- (This avoids workforce disruption as employees visit a clinic of choice on their own time)
- The public can also come to one of our clinics in Slough or Sheffield to receive a jab.
- Flu can keep employees off work for 2-3 weeks
- Office for National Statistics figures show flu contributed towards 34 million working days lost
- Company-wide vaccination protects productivity
- Flu vaccinations reduce sickness absence
- Spread of flu is inevitable and moves quickly in offices
- Herd immunity protects your staff and the bottom line
- Vaccinations are key to a staff Wellbeing programme
- Vaccinations are a valued employee benefit
- Department of Health says health/social workers require flu jabs
Please see our Flu Resource page for more information
With the worry of spreading a virus at work, you may be seeking assistance to ensure you are deep cleaning your work and business environments. How do you know if you are doing everything you should?
Collingwood Health is able to assist you with an Infection Control Audit.
An Infection Control Audit will identify areas of risk within your business, and focus on improvements in the transmission of infection by highlighting clean working environments. Reviews of the physical layout, protocols and policies, knowledge of basic infection control principles, and workplace practices are the key elements in the audit.
We will provide you with a report that will guide you with a list of recommendations and actions to follow.
Consistent adherence to infection control principles will allow employers to protect their workforce, permitting people to be in work safely if allowed.
Collingwood Health hopes to assist you to help ensure consistent and thorough application of key infection control principles.
Please let us know if we can be of help.
We all know that the costs and consequences of staff absences are significant. We know musculoskeletal disorders and mental ill-health are by far the biggest reasons for absences. Absence rates for organisations vary from 1% to 15%. We also know that there are people at work every day who are not productive and not well.
Management referrals sent to us cover every aspect of health, medicine, and wellbeing. We treat each case differently, and triage to the clinical route we believe will provide the best outcome, advice, or opinion, to both the employer and the employee.
For helpful information about making a referral to an occupational health provider, please see our post about enlisting the help of an occupational health provider.
In addition, to our own directly employed occupational health clinicians (OH Physicians, OH Advisors, OH Specialists, consultants, and therapists), we have an extensive national network of accredited associates covering every discipline, and most locations.
We are doctor led in our approach, and operate a Case Management model. This means that each case has start to finish continuity, with a single point of customer contact. We operate using our cloud based electronic patient management system, for all record keeping, and case history.
Our referrals portal is popular with our customers, enabling them to track cases.
Whether it’s a return to work after surgery, or support for a colleague who is struggling, we are ready to help.
Please contact us.
We provide Health Surveillance as is required by legislation in the United Kingdom. This includes testing for:
- Lung Function
- Drug & Alcohol
- Vibration exposure – Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome
- Chemical exposure
- Face Fit
- and more
Our mobile units come to you at your site and provide testing. Or you can send your employee’s to any of our medical centres.
About Health Surveillance
As an employer, the law requires that people are not harmed by working.
Companies must ensure their workers are not exposed to hazards than could harm them. Traditionally, that has required exposed staff to be regularly tested for exposure to noise, dust, vibration, chemicals, heat, fumes, and similar type risks.
The HSE website will give chapter and verse on the wide range of current legislation covering this extensive and complex subject.
Yet there are other more subtle drivers at play in managing an exposed workforce. For example, are new starters joining with already damaged health? Are operatives switching roles and hence exposures? Do all employees properly use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)? These are complex questions.
We have always taken a very cautious approach when developing health surveillance programmes with our customers to, of course, protect the health of employees, but also to prevent vexatious claims for such things as work induced hearing loss, and vibration white finger.
If you are looking for Drug & Alcohol testing, we have developed discrete compliant programmes, and offer them bespoke to run on your site in your time frames. We also have an annual Flu programme which we can form to your organisational needs.
We carry out health surveillance in a variety of ways to suit the unique requirements of each of our customers. In our fleet of mobile clinics parked at the factory or office, in our regional clinics, or using our clients’ facilities, we operate around the clock as needed.
We use the latest cloud based version of e-Opas as our universal electronic patient management system, which ensures we operate consistently, and gives us real time central monitoring of all of our field activities.
Please contact us.
There are many types of medicals, all done for very different reasons. These range from the exotic (spacecraft operator medical) to safety critical, to the everyday vital driver medical. We provide all types of medicals.
Medicals fall into general categories:
Fit for Work Medicals
The range of drivers, plant operators, crane drivers, and safety critical operatives are typical, but the range and scope is broad.
The outcome of these Fit for Work medicals is a fit certificate, or clear advice on restrictions.
There is little legal defence if a person is doing a safety critical role for which they are not fit (hence not safe) to do. Why take the risk ?
For frequent, business, or high risk travelers who want to know that they are safe to travel.
The issue may be frequent flights and the risk of DVT’s, or an underlying health condition that may not be treatable at the destination.
A range of executive type medicals, either as part of the organisation’s overall health or insurance package, or just as part of working for a great organisation.
Please feel free to contact us
These range from straight-forward DSE (display screen equipment) assessments for office workers, to an ergonomic assessment of production cells for entire assembly lines or workplaces.
- Display Screen Equipment Assessments for office workers.
- Workplace Assessments in offices or industrial locations.
- Vehicle Ergonomic Assessments if a driver is complaining of automotive related discomfort that is keeping them from driving for work or pleasure.
We use workplace assessments as an essential element in case management referrals.
If the real question in an absence, disability, or workplace dispute case is, “What part of this role can my employee actually do ?” – it is imperative for us to see the workplace, observe the role, and speak with all the stakeholders.
Occupational Health Advisors, Physicians, Specialists, and Ergonomists will carry out these types of Workplace Assessments. For more information see our article The Benefits of Having a Workplace Assessment
Please contact us.
We provide Physiotherapy & Counselling Services throughout the UK
We can provide physio through an employer anywhere in the UK or privately at one of our physiotherapy centres.
Employers can send in a management referral and we will arrange physio sessions for the employee at a location convenient to them. We can also arrange clinics on your business site.
Please also see the section below For Employers.
Please contact our Physiotherapy Centre:
Costs Intial Assessment £48 or Follow-up Treatment £42
We can provide counselling via an employer at locations throughout the UK.
Employers can send in a management referral and we will arrange counselling sessions for the employee at a location convenient to them.
Quick decision making and rapid access to a wide range of rehabilitation therapies and services are often essential elements of keeping an employee productive and at work, or facilitating their return to work after an absence.
In many instances, the economics of bypassing the NHS waiting lists balanced against the cost benefit of the employee being back at work sooner – or not going off sick – makes private treatment compelling. We provide a full range of traditional and proven rehab therapies, including treatment physio, counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and talking therapies.
For businesses with a lot of manual handling, on-site treatment physiotherapy is an essential tool to keep production moving with staff fit to work.
A part of case management and management referrals, we also provide specialist occupational health physiotherapy, which is very different from the treatment aspects of physio.
Please contact us.
We provide online access for pre-placement screening through medical questionnaires, with quick delivery of an outcome to you as an employer.
Our Pre Placement Questionnaires (PPQ) cover a wide range of job roles, with bespoke questionnaires for various organisations, including the NHS.
Our simple clinical review and escalation is designed to be quick and effective, with clinical escalation to the appropriate practitioner. We will get your employees qualified so that you can start them in their roles.
We can create a form just for your company!
Please contact us.
For organisations that believe their people are their biggest asset, looking after the health and wellbeing of those people is a no-brainer. Not in a statutory or legal duty sense, but in an ethical and moral sense: Being a great employer.
Our health and wellbeing van can come to your site
Know Your Numbers
Health screening for at risk groups always produces surprises and can save lives. Simple “know your numbers” mini-medicals give people vital information and advice. Blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugars, and basic function can provide essential pointers to encourage change.
Lifestyle & Mental Health
Lifestyle, diet, smoking, stress and anxiety: We provide one to one clinics that address all of these issues.
- Heart health with ECG’s
- Wellman, Wellwoman and Wellperson clinics
- Health talks
We tailor all of these to meet the specific needs and budgets of our customers.
We would be happy to help you deliver the programme that is best for your staff. Please contact us!
Our range of consultancy services and projects is broad, so if you have a workforce health related project, we are your experts.
Health Risk Assessments
We can advise on the health impact of a new process or new chemicals or materials that you may be using, for example. We can apply this to an individual worker, groups, or entire teams. An employee returning to work after a long absence may need risk assessing before they can take up the full remit of their role.
Occupational Exposure Monitoring
If your employees are exposed to potential hazards or risks at work, you need to know what these are, and to ensure that you are not harming your people. Regular audits and testing are a legal requirement, but also make extremely good sense. We offer a full range of Occupational Exposure Monitoring (OEM) and occupational hygiene testing and reporting, from dust, noise, chemicals and lighting, to radiation, asbestos, and more exotic testing. Many of our customers operate in extremely hazardous environments. Where they lead, we follow.
Occupational Health Programme Development
We help our customers develop occupational health and monitoring programmes that exactly match their needs. Sometimes this may mean re-validating long standing practices and assumptions, while other times it may mean coming in with a fresh pair of eyes.
Most health programmes are a combination of what needs to be done legally, what could be done as common best practice, and what an organisation chooses to do about the health and wellbeing of its workforce.
We have worked with large global enterprises, small local businesses, and a range of public sector bodies – to develop these programmes. Let us do the same for your organisation.
Please contact us.
We provide a full Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which is available to employees and their direct families 24/7. The EAP is a specialist helpdesk which links the caller to our appropriate advisor 24/7. We offer face to face support in the form of counselling sessions, and provide a complete suite of self-help material.
The range of advice and support is broad, from stress, medical, and health issues, through to financial and lifestyle advice. The service is confidential to the callers, with an anonymised activity and trend report available to the employer.
We can also tailor the EAP to be supported in most languages.
Please contact us.
For more information, please call 01753 781 600 / 0114 399 3453 or contact us.