Occupational Health Technician (Slough)
Salary £ 22,000 – £24,000
Vacancy listed 07/09/2021
Application deadline 21/09/2021
We are looking for a full-time experienced Occupational Health Technician to join our growing team. The role is 40 hours a week over 4 days (on the 5th day there is scope for overtime).
The role is based in Slough. You’ll be running clinics from the Slough office and conducting site visits with UK wide travel, and overnight stays for which you will receive allowances. Due to the nature of the role a full driving licence will be required (manual licence).
The Occupational Health Technician will undertake Health Screening and Health Surveillance for a range of clients, including:
- Audiometry (hearing test)
- Spirometry (lung function)
- Vision Screening (eyesight test)
- Hand Arm Vibration (paper screen)
- Dermatology (skin) assessment
- Biological Testing (urine and blood)
- Drug and Alcohol testing (breathalyser and urine)
Additionally the role will involve conducting health promotion and raising general health awareness and encouraging lifestyle changes to clients and workers where appropriate.
There is scope for external training on set modules for our Technicians, after a certain amount of time of being with the business.
Skills and experiences
- Previous OHT experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own, using initiative and guidance of established protocols and procedures whilst also achieving results as part of a team
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Mature and flexible approach with a willingness to develop according to the needs of the post and the service
- Ability to recognise and respond sensitively to cultural and social diversity and be tactful and diplomatic at all times
- Reliable and punctual attendance at work and venues as allocated
- Able to work flexibly for working days and start/finish times as per service requirements
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
- Willingness to travel
- Competitive Salary
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- Health Cash plan
To apply, please send your CV to: Recruitment@collingwoodhealth.com
About Collingwood Health Ltd
On one root, Collingwood traces its origins back to 1947, pre-dating the NHS, where we became the first recognisable “occupational health” company in Britain. Founded as a charity, that entity became known as Corporate Health, with four clinics in and around Slough and the South East.
On the other root, Collingwood emerged from the industrial heartland of the post-war period, as the in-house welfare arm of British Steel, headquartered in Sheffield. Through various iterations from the 1950’s onwards, this became EEF Occupational Health in 2006.
Both organisations can rightly claim to have been at the vanguard of the branch of medicine that we now know as occupational health.
Collingwood Health acquired EEF Occupational Health in 2011, and Corporate Health in 2015.
Both now sit branded under the same tree: Collingwood Health