Collingwood Health is an honest, hard working, and safe place to work. We work together to achieve greatness, promoting personal responsibility and accountability. We are committed to our customers and their workforce. We have the following opportunities available:
Occupational Health Technician – Slough
We are looking for a full-time experienced Occupational Health Technician to join our growing team. The role is 40 hours a week to be worked over 4 days.
The role is based in Slough, you will be servicing our nearby clients with the occasional UK wide travel and overnight stays.
Due to the nature of the role a full driving licence will be required.
Job Type / Category
The Occupational Health Technician will undertake Health Screening and Health Surveillance for a range of clients, including:
- Audiometry (hearing test)
- Vision Screening (eyesight test)
- Spirometry (lung function)
- Hand Arm Vibration (paper screen)
- Dermatology (skin) assessment
- Biological Testing (urine and blood)
- Drug and Alcohol testing (breathalyser and urine)
Additionally, the role will involve conducting health promotion and raising general health awareness and encouraging lifestyle changes to clients and workers where appropriate.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT/computer skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Fast Learner
- Ability to work on own, using initiative and guidance of established protocols and procedures whilst also achieving results as part of a team
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Mature and flexible approach with a willingness to develop according to the needs of the post and the service
- Ability to recognise and respond sensitively to cultural and social diversity and be tactful and diplomatic at all times
- Reliable and punctual attendance at work and venues as allocated
- Able to work flexibly for working days and start/finish times as per service requirements
- Experience of having worked as an Occupational Health Technician
- Excellent use of MS Office package including Outlook
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Health Cash Plan
About Collingwood Health Ltd
On one root, Collingwood traces its origins back to 1947, pre-dating the NHS, where we became the first recognisable “occupational health” company in Britain. Founded as a charity, that entity became known as Corporate Health, with four clinics in and around Slough and the South East.
On the other root, Collingwood emerged from the industrial heartland of the post-war period, as the in-house welfare arm of British Steel, headquartered in Sheffield. Through various iterations from the 1950’s onwards, this became EEF Occupational Health in 2006.
Both organisations can rightly claim to have been at the vanguard of the branch of medicine that we now know as occupational health.
Collingwood Health acquired EEF Occupational Health in 2011, and Corporate Health in 2015.
Both now sit branded under the same tree: Collingwood Health.
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies.
Application Deadline: 25/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 – £22,000.00 per year
Expected start date: ASAP
We have various COVID secure policies and procedures in place
To apply for this position please send your C.V. with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org